Fundraising For Your Dog
Service dogs are expensive, costing around $22,000-$25,000 in the first two years of training. Deafinitely Dogs! is just as concerned for the mental and physical wellbeing of the dogs as for the approved applicant—that’s why the fundraising process is so important.
Developing a Bond
By going through the fundraising process together we have the opportunity to bond with approved applicants and learn more about them which helps us to recognize cues and train their service dog to recognize those cues and adequately care for their human.
Fundraising together shows that applicants are willing to actively participate in the process involved in getting their service dog. We feel very strongly that every applicant becomes a part of the Deafinitely Dogs! family.
How Much Money Needs to be Raised?
Deafinitely Dogs! asks that each approved applicant raise at least $10,000 of the cost for the first two years of training for their service dog.
There are many applicants that raise more than their portion of the funds needed and pay it forward to assist others that are in need.
How to Raise Funds
Definitely Dogs! is happy to help provide fundraising ideas and has the following options available that are tried and true methods of raising funds:
- Individual sponsors have the privilege to name a puppy for donations of $1,000
- Corporate sponsors have the privilege to name a puppy for donations of $2,500
- Sponsors have the privilege to name an entire litter for donations of $10,000
- Organize a fundraising event such as a dog walk or charitable ride
- Create your own fundraising event such as:
- Bake sales
- Birthday gifts as donations
- Companies offering “jean Friday” for a donation
- Silent auctions
How Deafinitely Dogs! Can Help
Our fundraising efforts can include:
- Brochure development
- Charitybuzz online charity auctions
- GoFundMe campaigns
- Letter campaigns
- Meeting with the person/family to plan the campaign
- Online campaigns
- Plus many more personalized approaches
If you want to discuss an idea, we’d be happy to help! Contact us if need help with holding a fundraiser.